Microsoft has a history of developing consumer-related products, and their flagship office suite, Microsoft Office, brings office managing to the next level. It features some of the best office management tools you can find on the internet to solve all your office-related errands like writing documents, creating spreadsheets, and many more. However, it has its flaws, including some major errors that limit your productivity. However, troubleshooting them won’t be a problem because, in this guide, we’ll share all the major error codes faced by Microsoft Office users along with their solution.
What is Microsoft Office?
Microsoft Office is a cross-platform office management tool that helps you to create documents, spreadsheets, presentations, records, and many other things. You can download Microsoft Office by visiting office.com/setup and follow our troubleshooting guide below that helps you download, install and run Office smoothly on your devices.
Error code 0-2034
The error 0-2034 occurs in the software installation part, and it is mainly caused by issues with your network and firewall settings. To troubleshoot this error, follow the steps given below by following steps given below.
1. Press the Windows key on your computer and go to the Control Panel.
2. Go to system and security and click “Windows Firewall.”
3. Click "Turn Windows Firewall On or Off.”
4. Turn off your firewall.
5. Restart your PC.
6. If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office.
Error code 0-2048 (0)
The 0-2048 is a common error, and it usually occurs in the installation part of Office 2019. It is generally caused by corrupted system files or previously installed files. It can also be caused by improper installation or partial installation of any previous version of Microsoft Office.
1. First, remove all the remaining file residuals from the installation folders.
2. Remove/delete all the files and settings from the last Microsoft office installation.
3. Open registry editor and delete all the Microsoft Office registry subkeys.
4. Restart your PC.
5. Open any internet browser on your computer.
6. Enter office.com/setup in the search bar and hit enter.
7. Login to your Microsoft account and download a fresh copy of Microsoft Office.
8. Once downloaded, install it on your system to fix the 0-2048 (0) error.
Error code 30088-4
The 30088-4 error is another common error, and it is again caused by firewall settings, proxy settings, or fluctuations in the internet connection. Luckily, you can fix this error by using the methods given below.
1. Use the System file checker (CFC) to fix any corrupted files with the system.
2. Try disabling the firewall during the installation and when it is completed, turn the firewall back on.
3. Uninstall and reinstall Microsoft office once again.
4. If the above methods are not working, open the Registry editor as Administrator and remove all the office keys and subfolders.
5. Go to office.com/setup and download a fresh copy of Microsoft Office.
6. Try installing it again.
7. If you are still getting the 30088-4 error, contact technical support.
Error code 0xc004c060
The 0xc004c060 is one of the most challenging errors to deal with, and it occurs during the activation process of your product. If you get the 0xc004c060 error during activation, then it means that your product key has been redeemed before or is not valid. While there is no direct fix to this problem, you can try the steps given below to fix this error. If these methods do not work for you, try contacting Microsoft.
1. Contact the retail store.
2. Contact Microsoft technical support team for help.
3. If you believe the key has been used before by you or anybody else, go to office.com/setup and opt for a new activation key.
Error code 0-1008
The error 0-1008 occurs in Office 2019, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Microsoft 365. It usually occurs due to corrupted system files or incorrect installation of the Windows driver.
1. Run SFC Scan.
2. Fix Registry key and values.
3. Update your Windows driver and install all the pending Windows updates.
4. Restart your internet/modem.
5. Trying to create some space on the hard drive by removing junk files from your computer.
6. Try uninstalling and reinstall Microsoft office.
Error code 1073422333
The error 1073422333 occurs when you’ve already installed Microsoft Office on your computer. To fix this issue, remove any previous version of Microsoft Office from your computer and reinstall Microsoft office again.
Remove and reinstall for Windows
1. Go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Programs > Programs and Features.
3. Navigate to Microsoft office and select remove/uninstall.
4. Follow the on-screen commands and remove all the files from your PC.
5. Restart your PC.
6. Open Google Chrome and go to office.com/setup.
7. Sign in to your Microsoft account and download a fresh copy of Microsoft Office on your computer.
8. Wait for the download to complete.
9. Once downloaded, double-click on the setup file and install the software on your computer.
Remove and reinstall for Mac
1. Power on your Mac computer.
2. Click Open>Finder > Applications.
3. Press CTRL and select all the Microsoft apps from the list.
4. Click Move to Trash.
5. Open Safari browser and go to office.com/setup.
6. Sign in to your Microsoft account using your Microsoft login credentials.
7. Go over to your product and click Download.
8. Save the setup file in the download folder.
9. Once downloaded, double-click on the setup file.
10. Enter your Mac administrator ID and password.
11. Restart your Mac computer to finish.
Error code 0-2039
The 0-2039 is again an error caused when the previous installation fails. This is a common error, and you can troubleshoot by repairing Microsoft Office from the Windows Control panel.
1. Press the Window key and select Control Panel.
2. Click Programs and select Programs and Features.
3. Navigate to Microsoft Office.
4. Right-click and select Online Repair.
5. Click Repair/Continue.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
If you are still facing the 0-2039 error, download the “Uninstall Support Tool” on your computer and follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office again.
Error code 0x4004f00c
Users may face the 0x4004f00c error while activating Office 2016 and 2013 online. Fortunately, you can fix this error by removing the current version from the computer and installing a fresh copy from Microsoft.
1. Remove/uninstall Microsoft Office from your computer.
2. Restart your PC.
3. Open Google Chrome and type office.com/setup in the search bar.
4. Login to your Microsoft accounts and download a fresh copy of Microsoft Office on your computer.
5. Once download, double-click on the setup file and install the software on your computer.,
6. Once installed, restart your PC to fix the error.
Frequently asked question
How do I fix Microsoft Office errors?
Open the Control panel on your computer and go to Programs>Programs and Features. Right-click on Microsoft office and select repair. Follow the on-screen instructions to troubleshoot Microsoft Office quickly.
Why is my Microsoft Office not opening correctly?
There can be an array of reasons why Microsoft office might not be opening on your computer. If you see the 0xc0000142 error then you fix it by going over Settings > Apps > Apps & Features > Microsoft Office > Advanced Options > Modify > Repair.
How to fix Microsoft Error 0x80070002?
If you are getting that 0x80070002, then it means you have corrupted files on your system. You can use any system repair tool to repair corrupted files and download a Microsoft Office's fresh copy on your system.